- What Elements Are In a Strong Spreadsheet? (Contiguous Data)
- Formula Triggers & Absurd Results?
- SUMIFS: #5 of the Top 5 Excel Functions to Know
- IFERROR: Top 5 Formula #4. An error isn’t always an error
- Top 5 Excel Function #3: AND OR (Virtual Insanity)
- #2 of the Top 5 Excel Functions: VLOOKUP
- #1 of the Top 5 Functions: Excel IF Function
- Excel, Music and Songwriting
THE PINOCCHIO THEORY In 1977 Bootsy Collins released the hit song Pinocchio Theory. Its main warning is: If you fake the funk, your nose will grow There are a lot of long noses in the data world–specifically with folks who continually bash Excel and write its obituary. Excel users can’t [...]
“Teach me Excel” is a hard request to satisfy. Here is why and 5 suggestion on how to get started learning Excel.
Mynda Treacy’s recent blogpost at MyOnlineTrainingHub is a hot one! Excel Custom Validation to Limit Entries poses a fun and excellent solution that Santa probably deals with every year: How does Santa set up Excel to allow a kid to request no more than 3 presents for Christmas? Mynda creates a solution that takes us [...]
We all want to get to the sexy data and none of us are immune to the pain of cleaning data before it’s useful. Today we look deeper into this problem.
After Mike Girvin’s appearance on Excel TV I saw the array formula light!
Here’s an example of an array formula used to find the closest due date for people and their list of tasks.
It’s been quiet around here for the past few months. Why? I’ve been writing an Excel book. Actually, I wrote an Excel book with Mr Excel, Bill Jelen. It was turned in to the publisher on 1JUL14. And what does any self-respecting guerrilla analyst/author do to celebrate? Have a cigar! [...]