This client was charged with evaluating Requests-for-Proposals (RFPs) as his company prepared to make a $3.5M/year decision. Over his 14 years in his industry, he knew which questions to ask and how to analyze the responses. The challenge:
- Presenting text answers and verbal explanation to managers wouldn’t be meaningful. Visuals were needed.
- A grading tool would help the client quantify and measure the qualitative the responses.
Client provided the questions divided into 11 categories and requested:
- Questions receive a maximum of 5 points
- Points and categories are non-weighted
- Summarize the scores for the categories and overall scores for each vendor
- Create visual representations that I think would help “see” the data
- Single Excel workbook that updates in real time as questions are graded on the front page.
- The client was very happy with the number of views and summaries provided.
- The graphs (below) were a critical piece of the analysis that helped the company make a final decision.
NOTE: The images below have been modified to protect proprietary data