Recently, I posted details about the challenges the client was facing, and how we arrived at a solution. Below is a screencast demo of the final product showing the Excel form, the data collection and Birthday tickler.
See the blog: Excel User Form & Birthday Notification.
The client wanted to
- Track his data and compare against reports that were provided to him.
- Maintain up-to-date records because the reports that are provided are 1 week behind.
- Track important data in 1 place because the provided reports maintain the same data but in multiple locations.
- Have an easy way to know when his clients’ birthdays are within 14 days and 30 days.
- Have detailed views and summary views of his data.
- Mixing data entry fields and formula fields
- Preventing the deletion or corruption of formulae
- Developing a document with multiple features and not having the performance slow down.
NOTE: Data in the screencast are fictional to protect sensitive information.